Starmicro Inc. is the sole owner of any information collected from this site. We will not share, lease, or sell this information whether in part or as a whole to any outside parties except as outlined in this policy or with the express consent of the person. All data collected are only used for the processing of orders and to internally improve our services for the betterment of our customer service.
Return and Exchange
Star Micro, Inc. offers a 30 day money back guarantee subject to specific conditions and one year replacement:
All items come with a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Any returns must include a valid RMA number, otherwise the return will not be accepted nor processed. There are products that are not covered by our 30 day money back policy. These products will have notices of their exclusion from our return policy specified on their individual pages. Our Return and Exchange policy does not cover computer parts that are damaged through the customer’s misuse.
Star Mico, Inc’s customer support representatives will not be responsible for ensuring compatibility of products bought through our store. Prior research over the appropriateness of the products is the sole responsibility of the customer, and any questions or technical inquiries related to product usage are best directed to the product’s manufacturer.
Star Micro, Inc. like other computer parts suppliers, ships items in the condition that they were received from the manufacturer/distributor. We will not open packages or test products before shipping nor provide reviews of the products on the behest of the customer.
Physical Damage Policy
Products bought from Star Micro, Inc.’s store that has been physically damaged through improper installation or handling will not be covered by our warranty coverage. These include immediate physical damage along with any other type of damage sustained over time through irregular use.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act (https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-credit-billing-act) , all online transactions you make on our store will be 100% safe. You will not be held liable for any unauthorized charges made to your card as a result of shopping at our online store provided that the total cost is $50.00 or below. We will only cover this liability if the unauthorized purchase is done while using our secure server and through no fault of the customer. In order to be covered by the Fair Credit Billing Act, you must notify your credit card provider immediately in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
The above terms and conditions, along with the Star Micro, Inc. invoice for the products ordered, are the complete and exclusive agreement between Star Micro, Inc. and the Customer, and will supersede all prior or contemporaneous proposals in all formats and mediums between Star Micro., Inc and Customer in relation to the subject products.
Conditions of Use
Please read the following policy before returning any product to StarMicro Inc.
All the items prior to returning must have a valid Return Merchandise Authorization Number [RMA].
Items returned without RMA will not be accepted. Products sold by StarMicro Inc. are covered by our 30-day return period, unless otherwise notified. Policies regarding items that are not covered by the 30-day return period are specified on the products individual pages as well as in the special exceptions section below. Please note that StarMicro Inc. does not offer any technical support for CPU. Please direct technical questions to the manufacturer.
All returns covered under our 30-day return period are subject to the following:
- A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number issued by StarMicro Inc must accompany all returns.
- All merchandise must be returned within thirty (30) calendar days from the time the shipment leaves StarMicro Inc.
- RMA numbers must be obtained no later than 30 days from the date the product was shipped.
After 30 days, all product returns must be handled directly by the manufacturer or warranty provider.
- All RMA numbers are valid for 10 days from the date of issuance.
- Processing time for RMA may take 7-10 days from the day of receiving the product by StarMicro Inc.
- All products must be returned in like-new condition, including original packaging, all documentation and accessories.
Charges will be applied for all missing accessories or parts.
- StarMicro Inc will not accept items that have been physically damaged or misused. Over clocking or improper installation of CPU fans will cause CPUs to chip or burn.
All chipped and burnt CPUs are considered physically damaged and are not eligible for replacement or refund.
- StarMicro Inc will not honor requests for exchanges under any circumstances for items damaged by customer.
- All returns must be shipped freight prepaid.
- All related fees (shipping & return shipping fees) are NON-REFUNDABLE for all products in all cases.
- Arrangement for a return for credit must be made within 10 days from the date the item is shipped.
- A 15% to 25% of restocking plus shipping&handling charges for the product purchased by customer error.
- No opened retail box cpus are given credit.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for all refunds.
- NO CODS WILL BE ACCEPTED on returns.
- After 30 days of the purchase date, all items that need to be returned for repair will have to be sent directly to the manufacturer or warranty provider.
Please see the products individual pages for additional details on warranty coverage. - We must be notified within 48 Hours of receipt of any item that is missing or physically damaged or the product is DOA in your shipment.
StarMicro Inc is not responsible for a customers failure to report a damage during shipping.
Please Submit the RMA form and the RMA Number will be issued within 48 hours.
- Write the RMA number legibly on the return label or on the top of the packaging box.
- Please include a written description of the problem/reason for return.
- Also include a copy of the invoice.
Shipments that are refused without authorization or that are returned to us because the address was invalid are subject to a Re-Stocking fee of 20% plus applicable shipping and handling fees.
For any questions regarding the RMA please contact our RMA department at 510-490-5566 X108(RMA Department).